Sunday, May 15, 2011

There's a long story I've always wanted to write.
Of Kings and Knights , brave steads black and white.

A lovely queen, her followers both fair and handsome,
A lonely farmer, his 3 cows sold for ransom.

Secretly admire the queen, did the farmer,
but knowing his stature , remained the calmer.

One fine day when the sun was bright,
rode the queen with her banner displaying her might.

A young prince crossed her path, and O ! did he admire,
the beauty of the queen and the propriety of her attire.

Bent down on one knee did he declare his love for the pretty queen,
The Queen- flattered by his guts but worried that he might be mean,
Asked for his identity and his purpose,
for wandering in her lands dressed like a bandmaster in the circus.

-------------------------------

I want to go on with this shit,
but the alcohol has given me a serious hit.

If I go on I might recite a legend, never heard or spoken of,
but if I don't hit the bed now , tomorrow in the office , I'll be the red -eyed Rudolf.

If I'm eight pegs down and I can still make it rhyme,
then I think I'm too drunk and sure no reader would give me a dime.






5 comments:

  1. bhai superb...like always..differnt wid the pappu's touch..left me wid a wide grin...gud wrk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nxt 8 pegs par story continue karna

    ReplyDelete
  3. yo yo yo ...finally ..THE BOND is in field now ..:) m luving it ..but we all want u to continue ...please please

    ReplyDelete
  4. After Ruskin Bond comes Prateek Uniyal ! :D
    Superb work !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prateek does an 'Alfred Noyes' (Remember The Highwayman???) after getting HIGH! :D With outstanding results! ;-)

    ReplyDelete